You'll get a sense of my personality and style by readiing my blog: The Digital Therapist I'm an active therapist...not just a listener, and I confess to having a sense of humor.
And although I emphasize EMDR and Hypnosis, some times "just talking" helps, and of course we can do that as well. It's your session, and I want you to be comfortable--but to get some work done, too.
I like to recommend books to my clients who enjoy reading, tailored to their concerns. It helps keep things focused between sessions. But again, it's your session, and you don't have to read if you don't enjoy it.
My office is warm and comfortable--there's always bottled water or hot tea ready for you...
Treatment specialization includes:
- EMDR for trauma of any kind
- HYPNOTHERAPY for changing habits, conquering fears, and relaxation.
- "Invisible diseases" such as MS, Lupus, Lyme, etc.
- Healing sexual and physical abuse.
- Relationship issues
- Codependency issues
- Depression and anxiety
- Grief Counseling, with several years of hospice experience.
- Work and Career issues, including career changes in later life.
- Blocked Creativity, especially for writers
- Stress Management
- Parenting, Foster care, and Adoption support